Asim is the new signing in Game changers. He is a committed family man and a father of two 7 years old twins. He has over two decades of practical experience in business and has a real understanding of what it takes to transform a small business into a national leader.
To get to know Asim better, here are some questions that we asked him.
1) Three words that describe you:
Quiet, shy, wallflower 😉
2) Do you have a nickname?
3) If you could be a superhero, who would you want to be?
Green Lantern – With enough willpower, if you can imagine it, it can become reality
4) What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?
I am the person who pressed the button that caused the UK’s 3rd largest mainframe computer to crash. Didn’t get fired, rather it was one of the best profile raising experiences I had.
5) What do you do when you are driving alone in the car?
6) What is something that you have learnt in school that you think is useless to you today?
Technical Drawing, wood and metal craft. Utterly pointless subject.
7) What song would be included on the soundtrack of your life?
Baz Luhrmann – Everybody’s Free To Wear Sunscreen
8) What was your most embarrassing hair style?
When I shaved my head and went bald. (I was 27)
9) Do you have any bad jokes? If it is so, tell me one.
What happens when two snails have a fight? They slug it out to the end. I’ve known that joke since I was around 5. I’ve never forgotten it, yet never seem to remember any other jokes.
10) If you could witness any past, present or future event, what would it be?
The launch of the first interstellar ship from Earth and to see whether it’ll be called Enterprise
11) What is the thing that you are most proud of in your personal life?
Being a father and husband.
12) And business life? This is genuinely hard. I’ve had the pleasure of working on so many diverse industries and projects.
I would say jointly it would be when as a teenager, I took over running the family business and inside 3 yrs guided it over the 1M+ threshold and to then, as a business improvement specialist, helping my first business to go thru the same barrier. There is a sense of achievement to have done it myself and then having taught another business owner how to do it as well.
13) What do you enjoy most about your job?
The ability to help improve businesses both in structure and profitability that allows the owner(s) more choices with their personal life
14) What do you want to achieve next?
To take Game Changers International
15) And Finally…… Why did you decide to be a Game Changer?
The past 8 years have been very good to me and has allowed me to work on some exciting projects but it’s always been on my own. Game changers allow me to finally work in a collaborative atmosphere where everyone is working along the same commitment to make our clients significantly more successful.